Frontier Airlines Overhauls Loyalty Program
Frontier Airlines today unveiled major changes to its FRONTIER Miles™ loyalty program for 2024. Frontier is going revenue based, and customers will get rewarded for each dollar spent on Frontier, at up to 20X based on elite status. Status will be more attainable and there’s a new lower tier and paths to advance levels quickly. There are also enhanced benefits at every status level.
“We are thrilled to announce some exciting new ways for our customers to ‘Get it All for Less’ when they fly with us,” said Barry Biffle, CEO of Frontier Airlines, in the announcement. “We are making the new FRONTIER Miles program like no other loyalty program in the airline industry when it comes to earning free flights and getting valuable status quickly and for less. If you are someone who travels three or four times a year, you can easily earn a free flight and status with great new benefits in no time.”
Here’s a helpful chart with important details about these changes, plus check out more information below with some of the highlights of the revamped program.
FRONTIER Miles Highlights
Highlights to the enhanced program include:
- Miles will now accrue based on dollars spent on Frontier products – including flights, bags, seat assignments, and bundles – with a standard 10X multiplier: $1=10 miles. Mileage multipliers increase at every status level up to 20X. All of these miles qualify towards Status
- In 2024, there will be four status levels – Silver (new at 10K), Gold (20K), Platinum (50K) and Diamond (100K). All status levels will enjoy:
- A free advance seat assignment
- No change or cancel fees, when changes are made seven days or more in advance of flight departure. Note: Fare and options price difference applies to changes and cancellations
- Priority Customer Care
- Family Pooling
- Priority Boarding
- In 2024, the newly named status tiers will be enriched with many new benefits. Here are some highlights:
- Free upgrades to Premium Seating at Gold level and above Note: subject to availability
- Free carry-on bag at Gold level and above, with Platinum and above applicable to the entire booking
- Free checked bag, including golf, ski or scuba gear, at Platinum level and above. At Diamond, customers enjoy two checked bags for each individual in their booking
- Free pet-in-cabin at Platinum level and above Note: subject to availability
- Ability to gift Gold status to a family member or friend at Diamond level and gift of silver with Platinum
- Mileage multiplier increases at each level, with up to 20x as many miles earned per dollar spent
- Consumers can qualify for new Silver Status level with only 10,000 miles (equivalent to $1000 spent on Frontier products)
- Each Status level provides a faster path to obtain the next level and more miles to use towards free travel:
- Silver, at 10,000 qualifying miles: 12X mileage multiplier per dollar spent
- Gold, at 20,000 qualifying miles: 14X mileage multiplier per dollar spent
- Platinum, at 50,000 qualifying miles: 16X mileage multiplier per dollar spent
- Diamond, at 100,000 qualifying miles: 20X mileage multiplier per dollar spent
- To fast-track members to Gold status, there is an exclusive, limited time offer – spend only $3,000 on the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard™ between now and February 29, 2024 and get Gold status for 2024.
- As a special gift, Frontier will launch an early offer enabling customers to earn a mile for every mile flown plus 10 qualifying miles for every dollar spent! Valid for bookings made by Frontier Miles members Oct. 23 -Dec. 31, 2023 (applies only to flight and ancillary items). Terms and conditions apply.
For more information, to sign up for the FRONTIER Miles program or learn more about the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard, visit https://www.flyfrontier.com/myfrontier/frontier-miles.
Starting today, all FRONTIER Miles members will get early access to earn 10X miles per dollar spent on flights and optional purchases such as bags and seats as well as a mile for every mile flown.
Existing and new cardholders of the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard who spend $3000 between today and February 29, 2024, will earn FRONTIER Miles Gold status valid from March 2024 through December 31, 2024.
New status levels and full benefits associated with the new FRONTIER Miles program, including accelerated mileage multipliers, will go into effect in early January 2024.