American Airlines has a Sweepstakes where you can win 250,000 miles by sharing a travel tip. There’s a good incentive to participate, even if the odds of winning are pretty thin. If you share a travel tip here, American Airlines in return will donate 250 AAdvantage miles to your choice of one of our seven featured charity partners. Also, if you win, they’ll match the prize amount with a donation to your selected charity.
Keep in mind that AA is valuing these miles at almost 2 cents. If you’re the winner of the 250K AAdvantage miles, the approximate retail value is $4,975.00 and you will have to pay tax on that amount. It should still be a good deal even in you’re in the highest tax bracket.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years or older (19 in Alabama and Nebraska)
- Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 p.m. [Central time (“CT”)] August 24, 2016, and all entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on October 11, 2016.
- PRIZE DETAILS: One Prize consisting of 250,000 AAdvantage miles ARV $4,975.00
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on number of entries
- ELIGIBILITY: Employees and agents of Sponsor, Administrator and affiliates, agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees or agents, are not eligible to win
- Participation is subject to complete Official Rules by which all entrants are bound. Available at aa.com/flyingkind