Easy Bonus for New Uber Driver
🔃 Update: The Swagbucks bonus is now $350.
MyPoints and Swagbucks are once again offering a big bonus for new Uber drivers. You can earn $300 or $325 when you sign up as a new driver and complete your first trip. There’s also a Uber Eats bonus for $60. Check out the details below on how this bonus and signup process work.
How the Offer Works
Sign up as a new Uber driver and take your first passenger drive within the first 30 days to earn the welcome bonus. There are two offers available:
- You must be signing up to the Drive with Uber program for the first time and you must select “Rides with car” (not delivery) to earn SB.
- Once you have completed the signup and taken your first passenger trip, your SB award will pend in your Swagbucks account for 32 days.
- SB for this offer can only be earned once.
- Offer and reward is only valid in applicable areas.
How to Get Started as an Uber Driver
Before you can earn one of these bonuses for your first Uber ride as a driver, you’ll need to go through the signup process. It’s not a difficult process, but it is not all that quick either.
There are a few things to know about driving for Uber, including what the Uber driver requirements and Uber vehicle requirements are in 2023. Plus what documentation you will need.
As a driver you will need to :
- Meet the minimum age to drive in your city or area
- Pass a background check
- have a valid driver license
- Have at least three years of driving experience if under age 25
- Have access to an eligible 4-door vehicle.
You vehicle must:
- Have 4 doors
- Be able to transport a minimum of 4 passengers.
- The vehicle must also be 15 model years old or newer
- Not be reconstructed, salvaged, or rebuilt, or have cosmetic damage or missing pieces.
- You can use use a vehicle that is not yours as long as your name is on the on the insurance.
To start driving for Uber you will need to provide:
- Valid US driver’s license
- Proof of auto insurance with your name and car registration.
- Provide proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- A driver profile photo. You might need to verify yourself with selfies when you start driving.
- Social Security number (SSN) to perform screening, as well as for tax purposes.
Once you complete the process, it will take about 5-10 days to complete your background screening. If your application is successful and your driver status is activated, enable driver mode in the Uber app, and complete your first ride.
More New Driver Bonuses
If you have extra time and can complete more rides, then check the app as new drivers have the opportunity to earn bonuses. This is on top of the bonus that you will earn from Swagbucks or MyPoints.
You might see offers such as an extra $100 or $200 for completing a certain number or rides within a week or a month.
I have done this new Uber driver offer in the past, and it was an easy bonus. The signup process take about 5-10 minutes, and then you need to wait for about a week to get approved.
If you’re in NYC you will need to sign up to drive in one of the surrounding areas, since within city limit you need a TLC license to drive for Uber. The Uber Eats offer is quicker and even easier, but it is only $60.
HT: Doctor of Credit