Breeze Airways Adds More Routes from NYC Area
Breeze Airways is adding eight routes from the New York City area this year, including nonstop service to Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, Las Vegas, NV, Charleston, SC, Norfolk, VA, Jacksonville, FL, and Savannah, GA – and one-stop, same plane service to New Orleans, LA.
Current commercial air service from Westchester only serves as far west as Chicago. With the new additions, the top two destinations from the New York metro area, Los Angeles and San Francisco, will now feature daily nonstop service. Separately, Breeze is also announcing new service between New Orleans to Savannah, plus Hartford’s Bradley International to Las Vegas, the airline’s 8th new route from Hartford announced this year now for a total of 11 nonstop destinations.
Breeze has ordered 80 brand new Airbus A220-300 aircraft, with options for 40 more, that will be delivered one per month for six years. The airline plans to double its fleet this year, from 13 Embraer 190 and 195 aircraft to 30 aircraft, including 13 Airbus A220s and four additional Embraer E-jets.
Breeze’s initial A220 aircraft deliveries will feature 126 seats, including 36 First Class seats in a two-by-two configuration, 10 Extra Legroom seats, and 80 Standard Economy seats in a two-by-three configuration. The A220 seat configuration is dynamic however and later deliveries will offer 137 total seats, 12 First Class seats, 45 Extra Legroom seat and 80 Standard Economy seats onboard. The eco-friendly aircraft has the widest cabin, highest ceiling, largest windows, and biggest overhead stowage in its class, while still managing to burn 25 percent less fuel, with half the noise footprint of past generations, making it the perfect pairing for these high demand routes.
Guests may choose from three price bundles that are offered as ‘Nice,’ ‘Nicer,’ and ‘Nicest.’ Guests may even choose a Nice or Nicer bundle and buy an upgrade to a First Class seat.
All seats on Breeze’s Airbus fleet are fitted with in-seat AC power and USB/C ports. Global communications company Viasat Inc. (NASDAQ: VSAT) will outfit Breeze’s Airbus A220 fleet with its most advanced in-flight connectivity (IFC) solution allowing Guests to seamlessly stream TV or movies, check email, browse the internet, and stay connected via social media or messaging apps while in flight. While Breeze will operate the Airbus A220 starting in May, the first aircraft featuring Viasat connectivity is expected to enter service in October 2022.
8 New Routes
Routes which will be operated with the Airbus A220 are marked with **
From Westchester, NY to:
- Charleston, SC** (Daily, starting June 28, Nice from $79);
- Norfolk, VA (Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon, starting June 30);
- Jacksonville, FL (Thurs, Sat and Sun, starting June 30);
- Los Angeles, CA** (Daily, starting September 7);
- Las Vegas, NV** (Daily, starting September 8);
- New Orleans, LA (one-stop service, Thurs, Sat, and Sun, starting June 30; Fri and Mon starting September 9);
- Savannah, GA (Fri and Mon, starting September 9); and
- San Francisco, CA** (Daily, starting November 2).
New Routes from Current Cities
- Between Hartford, CT** and Las Vegas, NV** (Wed and Sat, starting September 7); and
- Between New Orleans, LA and Savannah, GA (Fri and Mon, starting September 9).
Breeze’s low fares start at just $39 and there are no change or cancellation fees. Guests earn credit called “BreezePoints” on all purchases that can be used towards future flights or other ancillary products such as bags and seat assignments. Guests can change or cancel a flight up to 15 minutes before scheduled departure without penalty. Unused funds from changes and cancellations are automatically saved in the Guest’s Breeze account and do not expire for 24 months.
Guests may select a seat assignment and add bags to their reservation for an additional cost. Prices to check bags online are a flat rate of $29 each way, for up to three bags, while carry-on bags are $25 each way. Guests are encouraged to check bags online. It costs $50 for bags if paid at the airport ticket counter.
Seat assignments start from $10 for Standard Economy, $20 for Extra Legroom, and $30 for First Class, but Family Seating is free for families traveling with children 12 and under. If no seat is selected, one will be assigned at no cost during check-in. The charge to travel with a pet in the cabin is $75.
* Introductory fares promotion is only available when booking a new reservation and on select routes. Supply is limited. No advance purchase requirement applies. Promotion must be purchased by April 26, 2022 (11:59 pm ET) for travel by November 15, 2022. Price, rules and routes displayed includes taxes & government fees. Prices, rules, routes, and schedules are subject to change without notice. Restrictions and blackout dates may apply.