Here’s a round up of posts for Week 44 of this year. Usually every Thursday I put together a collection of news, deals and other stuff that caught my attention in the last few days. I either don’t have the expertise, or was too lazy to write about them. Or maybe they’re just fun reads and not really travel/credit cards/deals related. I’ll add more posts to it during the day if I find anything else that I think will interest you, so check back.
- PSA: Chase Might Not Be Matching To 80,000 IHG Offer Anymore by DoC – It’s too early say it’s dead as there’s very few dat apoints right now, but hopefully the news is not true.
- Starwood Loyalty Member Throws Out World Series Pitch – Yep, that’s Dan from DansDeals and he won the bid for that first pitch with 1,060,500 Starpoints. It sounds like a crazy amount of points but it also sounds like a dream come true. You really can’t put a cpp evaluation on everything, and this redemption would have been a complete waste for me since I’m not a baseball fan, but probably the best redemption possible for Dan.
- Delta unveils images of premium economy cabin, set for 2017 debut by USA Today – The new cabin and class of service “will debut on select international flights in late 2017
- 5 things I hate about World of Hyatt & 5 things I love about the World of Hyatt by FrequentMiler – A nice recap of the positive and negative changes coming to Hyatt
- Woman gets 20 boyfriends to buy her iPhones, then sells them to buy a house by New York Post – Reselling at its best
- This 8-minute trip is the world’s shortest international flight by New York Post – It’s a 13-mile hop from Switzerland to Germany. People’s Viennaline offers twice-daily flights with a one-way ticket going for about $40.