BB&T Offers 5% Cashback on Groceries & Drugstores
BB&T and Suntrust Bank, which are merging, are offering customers 5% cash back on purchases at grocery stores and pharmacies. During the coronavirus outbreak, these are likely the most used categories, as many are avoiding non-essential purchases.
This is part of several relief measures from the bank, for those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The relief measures include:
- Providing payment relief assistance for clients with mortgage loans, consumer loans, personal credit cards, business credit cards and business loans.
- Temporarily waiving ATM surcharge fees to help consumers and businesses access cash with greater confidence.
- Providing 5% cashback when BB&T and SunTrust consumer credit card holders use their credit card for qualifying purchases at grocery stores and pharmacies through April 15, 2020.
A customer friendly move from BB&T and Suntrust Bank. Definitely worth taking advantage, but please avoid going into physical stores if possible.
Please be safe! The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Check out the CDC website for more information. During this coronavirus pandemic try your best to:
- Stay home if you can and avoid gatherings of more than ten people. This is extremely important for older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease etc.
- Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others if you must go out in public.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets and countertops.