Bank of America Premium Rewards Card, $50 Credit for Grocery/Dining Purchases
Bank of American is offering Premium Rewards cardholders a $50 statement credit for grocery and dining purchases, including takeout. The offer has been sent out by email, but not everyone has received it. However, Doctor of Credit reports that the offer is available to all cardholders.
Day-to-day life may be a little different right now, so we’re giving you a new way to make the most of your Premium Rewards® card. You’re now eligible to receive up to $50 as a statement credit on any combination of these qualifying purchases:
- Grocery store
Simply use your card for qualifying purchases now through December 31, 2020, and your statement credit will equal the amount you spend—up to $50.
- You will qualify for a statement credit for the amount you spend (up to $50) on any combination of purchase transactions at eligible grocery store and dining merchants through 12/31/2020.
- Eligible purchase transactions include those made in the following merchant category codes (MCC): Grocery Stores/Supermarkets (MCC 5411), Freezer/Meat Lockers (MCC 5422), Candy/Nut/Confection Stores (MCC 5441), Dairy Product Stores (MCC 5451), Bakeries (MCC 5462), Misc. Food Stores (MCC 5499), Eating Places and Restaurants (MCC 5812), Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages), Bars, Taverns, Cocktail lounges, Nightclubs and Discotheques (MCC 5813), and Fast Food Restaurants (MCC 5814).
- Excluded from this offer are wholesale clubs, superstores and smaller stores (like drug stores and convenience stores) that sell groceries and other products. We do not determine which MCC a merchant is assigned.
- Purchases made at a merchant that does not process transactions under these MCC or purchases processed through a third-party payment account, mobile/wireless card reader, digital wallet not supported by Bank of America or similar technology where the technology does not support transmission of these MCC will not qualify.
- The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither we, nor our affiliates, provide tax advice.
A good offer that should be easy to take advantage off for Bank of America Premium Rewards cardholders. This card has a $95 annual fee so this credit covers half of it for this cardmember year.