American Express has sent out a targeted offer for Amex SPG cardholders that can earn you 2X Starpoints on $5,000 in spending until the end of the year.
Promo Page (log in to check if you’re targeted)
Amex SPG Spending Bonus
You can earn one bonus Starpoint per dollar spent on eligible purchases when you use your registered Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express (up to 5,000 bonus Starpoints) between the time you complete registration and December 31, 2017. Registration period ends on November 30, 2017.
- Register by November 30, 2017
- Earn one bonus Starpoint per dollar spent from the date you complete registration through December 31, 2017, up to a maximum of 5,000 bonus Starpoints.
- Limit of 5,000 bonus Starpoints may be earned through this offer per registered account.
- Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account.
- Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits.
- Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards; person-to-person payments or purchases of other cash equivalents.
- Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer.
You’ll need to activate it first, and then do the spending required. With the previous offer, some people had success by calling in, even if they weren’t targeted online, so you could give it a shot. This is basically 2 Starpoint per dollar up to $5,000 by the end of the year. These are very valuable points, often well over 2 cents a piece, so this will make sense for lots of people looking to stay at SPG properties or even transfer them to travel partners.
Were you targeted?