DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities.
Amex Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card Offers 125K Bonus and Platinum Elite Status
Earlier today I wrote about the new improved offer on the American Express Marriott Bonvoy Business card. Now there is also an increased offer for the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card. Both cards are a great choice for those who want to travel the world or just shake up their routine for a quick family getaway, work remotely from a new environment or hit the beach or slopes this winter.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card can earn you a total of 125,000 points through this offer. The actual welcome bonus is 100,000 points and then you get an extra 25,000 points after your first anniversary. Plus, get Platinum Elite status with your Card for a year beginning February 2021.
- Earn up to 125K bonus points.
- You can earn 100k bonus points after you make $5,000 in eligible purchases on your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership
- Earn an additional 25k bonus points after your first anniversary of Card Membership.
- Plus, get Platinum Elite status with your Card for a year beginning February 2021, an upgrade from Gold Elite status.
- Annual Fee: $450
- Credit Needed: Good/Excellent
- LEARN MORE
- 6X Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- 3X Marriott Bonvoy points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines.
- 2X Marriott Bonvoy points on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
- Access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world with complimentary Priority Pass Select
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓
- 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel.
- Enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status (after Platinum Elite status for 2021).
- Each calendar year you can receive 15 Elite Night Credits towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status. Limitations apply per Marriott Bonvoy member account.
- Book direct using a special rate for a 2 night minimum stay at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis® and get up to $100 in credit for qualifying charges.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance
- Baggage, Trip Cancellation, Interruption and Delay Insurance
- Return and Purchase Protection & Extended Warranty
- LEARN MORE
Using Points & Elite Status
Examples of how to use 100,000 points – which never expire as long as you continue to use your Card – earned through this limited time offer. Certain hotels have resort fees:
- Ski Snowmass, Colorado for 2 nights: The Westin Snowmass Resort (100k points)
- Soak in the sun in San Diego, CA for 2 nights: The US Grant, A Luxury Collection Hotel (100k points)
- Hit South Beach in Miami, FL for 2 nights: W Miami (100k points)
- Golf Phoenix, Arizona for 2 nights: JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge Resort & Spa. (100k points)
With Platinum Elite status, you can:
- Earn More: 50% Bonus Points on Stays
- Stay Connected: Complimentary Enhanced in-room Wi-Fi
- Stay Longer: 4:00 p.m. Late Checkout (Subject to availability at resort and conference center hotels)
Elite benefits are based on availability and vary by brand & location.
Marriott Bonvoy gives cardholders access to 7,400 properties under 30 leading brands spanning 135 countries & territories including the largest collection of luxury hotels. Accommodation options to meet all travel needs from hotels including The Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis, W Hotels, JW Marriott Hotels, Marriott Hotels, Sheraton Hotels, The Luxury Collection, Moxy, AC Hotels, Courtyard by Marriott and others, to luxury and premium home rentals through Homes & Villas with Marriott International, and all the way to All-Inclusive resorts.
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product or the Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express® Luxury Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
Welcome offer not available to applicants who
- have or have had The Ritz-Carlton™ Credit Card from JPMorgan or the J.P. Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card in the last 30 days,
- have acquired the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 90 days, or
- received a new Card Member bonus or upgrade offer for the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase, Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase, the Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase or the Marriott Rewards® Premier Plus Business Credit Card from Chase in the last 24 months.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant Card has a $450 annual fee, so this is not a card for everyone. However, if you plan to travel and especially stay at Marriott properties, then you can get lots of value out of it. You get 100,000 points when you make $5,000 in eligible purchases within the first three months and Platinum Elite status through the end of 2021, which gets you extra perks and earning on stays.
DannyDealGuru has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. DannyDealGuru and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.