The Amex Business Platinum Card has a new increased offer that’s available through referrals. You can earn as much as 100,000 Membership Rewards points but you also need to spend a total of $25,000.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits. Eligible purchases do NOT include fees or interest charges, purchases of travelers checks, purchases of reloading or prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments or purchases of other cash equivalents. Additional terms and restrictions apply.
Offer ends 9/25/2019.
$595 annual fee is not waived.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com
- 1X points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases.‡ Terms and limitations apply
- 1.5X Membership Rewards® points on eligible purchases of $5,000 or more, up to 1 million additional points per year
- 35% points back after use of the Pay with Points feature for all or part of an eligible flight, up to 500,000 points back per calendar year
- Access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across 120 countries
- Up to a $200 Credit a year for baggage fees and more on one airline
- 10 Gogo inflight internet passes annually and unlimited Wi-Fi at Boingo hotspots.
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre® ($85) with an eligible Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status
- Hilton Honors Gold status
- One year of complimentary Platinum Global Access from WeWork, a network of premium workspaces around the world. With Platinum Global Access, enjoy over 300 workspaces in 75+ cities and 20+ countries, valued at $2,700. You’ll receive more information in February 2019 about the offer and how to enroll.
- Up to $200 in statement credits annually for U.S. purchases with Dell on your Business Platinum Card. You’ll receive more information about how to enroll in the new Shop Dell with Business Platinum benefit in February 2019.
- $100 hotel credit on qualifying charges at hundreds of properties in The Hotel Collection (increased from $75) for new reservations made after January 1, 2019 when you book through Amex Travel.
Applying for the Card
Application Link (my referral)
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility. Amex has a tool that will let you know whether you qualify for the bonus during the application process.
If you’re not sure whether you’ve had this card in the past, you can use this trick to find out. Sometimes cards that you’ve had more than 5-7 years ago, will no longer show up in your Amex history.
This is a great bonus, but it also requires a huge amount of spend within three months. You need to spend a total of $25,000 which is not easy to do for most people or small businesses. You can also make the bonus better if you can get a referral bonus from a friend or family friend. A referral bonus from the Amex Blue Business Plus card for example will earn you an extra 15,000 points. But be steer away from self referrals. Amex has been clawing back those bonuses.