Buy Tax-Free Apple Products and Other Electronics in 9 States
Nine states offer sales tax holidays on a range of consumer electronics products. This is an annual “Back to School” event, but rules on what qualifies vary from one state to the other.
This is a good opportunity to purchase more expensive Apple products which are rarely discounted. You can purchase either directly from Apple, where there’s also a promotion for a $150 gift card, or retailers such as Amazon (affiliate link), Best Buy (affiliate link) and others.
Here’s the information about the tax rebate on each state:
- Arkansas: Aug 6–7
- Florida: Jul 25–Aug 7
- Massachusetts: Aug 13–14
- Missouri: Aug 5–7
- New Mexico: Aug 5–7
- South Carolina: Aug 5–7
- Tennessee: Jul 29–31
- Virginia: Aug 5–7
- West Virginia: Aug 5–8
Check each page to see what qualifies, as there’s usually a price limit. Also check out all 2022 State Sales Tax Holidays for other states and other categories.
If you’re purchasing on Amazon you can check some of the Shop with Points promotions to see if you qualify for any of the discounts.Here's a list of some of the current deals and discounts for Amazon purchases:
- Try Amazon Photos, Get $15 Off $30 on Next Purchase (expires 8/31/22)
- Amazon Discount for Discover Cardholders: $10 Off $50 (expires 9/30/22)
- Add Discover Card to Amazon, Get $10 Off $10.01 (expires 9/30/22)
- Amazon, Get $12 Off Your Next $25+ Pickup Order (expires 12/31/22)
- Add $100+ to Your Amazon Balance, Get $12 Bonus (expires 12/31/22)
Rakuten, TopCashback, RebatesMe and more for possible cashback.