Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets have a promotion starting on 2/15 that can earn you 10X fuel points on purchases of Xbox and Domino’s gift cards. Not one of their best offerings, but you could come out ahead if you can maximize the fuel rewards and stack with 5X credit card points.
- Offer valid from 2/22 to 2/28/2019
- Must present your store card when purchasing the gift cards
Using Fuel Points
These gas rewards have been devalued lately, but here’s how it works now. Every 100 points are worth $0.10 off per gallon on your fill up of up to 20 gallons, or 30 gallons in some states. The more you can pump in one transaction, the better the deal gets.
If you buy more than one gift card, you’ll obviously get more points but you can only redeem up to 1500 points per transaction at some locations, which is $1.50 off per gallon. Some places you can use even more.
Points can be reedemed at Stop & Shop gas stations and at participating Shell locations which can be found here. In New Jersey, savings apply after fueling at the posted price and will appear on the receipt.
Don’t buy too many cards if you don’t drive much and try to fill up with an empty tank to maximize your profits. I usually drive about 1300 miles per month, so this offer should add up to some nice savings.
Read more here on how to use your points.
Gas Rewards Details
- Total discount cannot exceed price per gallon
- The discount can only be used on one vehicle, limited to the tank’s capacity, not to exceed 20 gallons
- Earned points are available for redemption within 24 hours
- Gas Rewards points are valid for 30 days from the day they are earned; your date of purchase is Day 1
- Your available points will be redeemed in 100 point increments (worth 10 cents off per gallon)
Not the best deal, so mostly useful if you would want these gift cards anyway. Make sure you also use a credit card that earns most points at supermarkets and grocery stores to get as much as 6% back or your Discover Card this quarter.