Stop & Shop, Giant and Martins supermarkets have a new promotion starting today that can save you money on your next gas station fill up. From today 5/4/2018 until 5/17/2018 they will have two deals on select gift gift cards:
- Get 4x fuel points when purchasing select gift card brands
- $15 off your next order with the purchase of $100 of select gift card brands
Eligible Gift Cards include:
- Best Buy
- Ruby Tuesday
- TJ Maxx
Using Fuel Points
These gas rewards have been devalued lately, but here’s how it works now. Every 100 points are worth $0.10 off per gallon on your fill up of up to 20 gallons at most places. If you buy a $100 eBay gift card for example you would earn 800 points. That would be $0.80 off per gallon. Multiply that by how many gallons you can pump in one fill up, to calculate your profits. The limit is 20 gallons. The more you can pump in one transaction, the better the deal gets. Ideally you would get $16 off 20 gallons with the purchase of a $100 eBay gift card.
If you buy more than one gift card, you’ll obviously get more points but you can only redeem up to 1500 points per transaction at some locations, which is $1.50 off per gallon. Some places you can use even more.
Points can be reedemed at Stop & Shop gas stations and at participating Shell locations which can be found here. In New Jersey, savings apply after fueling at the posted price and will appear on the receipt. If you don’t have a Stop&Shop near you, the deal should be available at Grant as well.
Don’t buy too many cards if you don’t drive much and try to fill up with an empty tank to maximize your profits. I usually drive about 1300 miles per month, so this offer should add up to some nice savings.
Read more here on how to use your points.
Gas Rewards Details
- Total discount cannot exceed price per gallon
- The discount can only be used on one vehicle, limited to the tank’s capacity, not to exceed 20 gallons
- Earned points are available for redemption within 24 hours
- Gas Rewards points are valid for 30 days from the day they are earned; your date of purchase is Day 1
- Your available points will be redeemed in 100 point increments (worth 10 cents off per gallon)
Best Buy is probably the best option. Make sure you use a credit card that earns most points at supermarkets and grocery stores to get as much as 6% back. This quarter you can also use a Discover it or Chase Freedom card to earn 5% at grocery stores. Also check out Shell Rewards for more savings.