Staples came out with a new promotion online last night. You can save $5 on the purchase of Mastercard gift cards. These cards have a $6.95 activation fee, so the promotion brings down the cost to $101.95. That’s still a loss, but the deal gets better once up to 10X credit card rewards are involved and maybe a $10 discount from shopping portals.
Staples Mastercard Offer
Buy a $100 Mastercard Gift Cards for $101.95. Limit of 3 per account.
- While Supplies Last. May Not Be Valid In Combination With Other Offers.
- Offer Expires On 08/04/2018
Stacking Rewards and Cashback
Here’s some possible stacking options that make this deal profitable:
- RetailMeNot is offering $10 Cash Back for Online Purchases of $75+ Sitewide at Staples (HT: DoC).
- Use an American Express business credit card with the 10% Staples Amex Offer.
- Use a Chase Ink Plus/Cash credit card for 5X Ultimate Rewards points
This is a profitable deal that could get you a $100 Mastercard for about $81 if everything mentioned above works out. Even if you’re not sure how to unload these cards, you could spend them organically and get a 19% discount everywhere. The 3 limit kind of waters down the excitement, but still worth the effort considering the deal is available online.