Stop&Shop/Giant/Martin’s: 2X Fuel Points for Mastercard Gift Cards
Stop&Shop, Giant and Martin’s supermarkets have a promotion this week that could get you cheap gas. You will earn extra gas rewards when you purchase Mastercard gift cards. You should be staying home and self isolating during this times, but if you’re making trips to the supermarket, you could use these gas savings.
- Earn 2x fuel points when you purchase any Mastercard gift cards
Offer is valid from 3/27 – 4/2/2020.
- Offer redeemed when you present your Card at checkout and will be applied to your grocery order before taxes and after all other coupons and savings are applied.
- Valid 3/27-4/2/2020.
Using Fuel Points
For every 100 points are worth $0.10 off per gallon on your fill up of up to 20 gallons, or 30 gallons in some states. The more you can pump in one transaction, the better the deal gets.
If you buy more than one gift card, you’ll obviously get more points. But you can only redeem up to 1500 points per transaction at some locations, which is $1.50 off per gallon. Some places you can use even more, up to free gas.
Points can be reedemed at gas stations at these supermarkets, or participating Shell locations which can be found here.
Don’t buy too many cards if you don’t drive much, as point expire in 30 days or at the end of the following month. Also try to fill up with an empty tank to maximize your profits. Read more here on how to use your points
How To Liquidate Gift Cards
Mastercard Gift Cards are not as easy to use as Visa. You can still use them at WalMart to purchase money orders, but you need to quickly hit cancel on the keypad after swiping to switch to debit and it doesn’t always work. You can also use them for bill pay at Walmart and Kmart. Also check out smaller local stores near you that sell WU money orders.
A good deal for savings on gas, all while also earning cashback with one of the best cards for grocery purchases. Discover and Citi Dividend cards also earn you 5% this quarter.
You can even use gift cards that you might have purchased recently, depending on your location. But keep in mind that there’s been some issues with Mastercard gift cards. You can read more here, or in the comments of the previous deal from Stop&Shop.
Please be safe! The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Check out the CDC website for more information. During this coronavirus pandemic try your best to:
- Stay home if you can and avoid gatherings of more than ten people. This is extremely important for older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease etc.
- Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others if you must go out in public.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets and countertops.