Stop&Shop/Giant/Martin’s, 10X Fuel Points on Google Play & Kohl’s Gift Cards
Stop & Shop, Giant and Martin’s supermarkets have a promotion that can earn you 10X fuel points on purchases of Google Play, and Kohl’s gift cards. A decent deal that can net you some gas savings and credit card rewards. The promotion starts Friday and runs for a whole week.
- Offer valid from 10/9 to 10/15/2020
- Offer redeemed when you present your Card at checkout and will be applied to your grocery order before taxes and after all other coupons and savings are applied.
Using Fuel Points
These gas rewards can be used for gas savings or for discounts on groceries. Every 100 points are worth $0.10 off per gallon on your fill up of up to 20 gallons, or 30 gallons in some states. The more you can pump in one transaction, the better the deal gets. If you buy more than one gift card, you’ll obviously get more points. But you can only redeem up to 1500 points per transaction at some locations, which is $1.50 off per gallon. Some places you can use even more, up to free gas.
Points can be reedemed at Giant Foods and Stop & Shop gas stations and at participating Shell locations which can be found here. In New Jersey, savings apply after fueling at the posted price and will appear on the receipt.
Don’t buy too many cards if you don’t drive much, as point expire in 30 days or at the end of the following month. Also try to fill up with an empty tank to maximize your profits. Read more here on how to use your points and see the new option introduced now to use the points on groceries as well.
Fuel Points Details
- Total discount cannot exceed price per gallon
- The discount can only be used on one vehicle, limited to the tank’s capacity, not to exceed 20 gallons
- Earned points are available for redemption within 24 hours
- Gas Rewards points are valid for 30 days from the day they are earned; your date of purchase is Day 1
- Your available points will be redeemed in 100 point increments (worth 10 cents off per gallon)
This is a decent deal for people who drive. You can sell Google Play gift cards for up to 89-90% of face value. If you buy a $100 Google Play gift card for example, you lose $11 but you get 1,000 fuel points which could easily add up to $20 in savings or maybe even more at some locations. Make sure you also use a credit card that earns most points at supermarkets and grocery stores to get as much as 6% back (with Amex Blue Cash Preferred).