Stop&Shop/Giant/Martin’s, 10X Fuel Points on Select Happy Gift Cards (8/14-8/20)
Stop & Shop, Giant and Martin’s supermarkets have a promotion starting on August 14 that can earn you 10X fuel points on purchases of select Happy Gift Cards. Happy Dining, Happy Moments and Happy Teen are listed in the ad. A decent deal that can net you some gas savings and credit card rewards.
The deal starts next week, so it’s not showing in the ads yet.
- Offer valid from 8/14 to 8/20/2020
- Must present your store card when purchasing the gift cards
Using Fuel Points
These gas rewards can be used for gas savings or for discounts on groceries. Every 100 points are worth $0.10 off per gallon on your fill up of up to 20 gallons, or 30 gallons in some states. The more you can pump in one transaction, the better the deal gets.
If you buy more than one gift card, you’ll obviously get more points. But you can only redeem up to 1500 points per transaction at some locations, which is $1.50 off per gallon. Some places you can use even more, up to free gas.
Points can be reedemed at Giant Foods and Stop & Shop gas stations and at participating Shell locations which can be found here. In New Jersey, savings apply after fueling at the posted price and will appear on the receipt.
Don’t buy too many cards if you don’t drive much. Also try to fill up with an empty tank to maximize your profits. I usually drive about 1300 miles per month, so this offer should add up to some nice savings.
Fuel Points Details
- Total discount cannot exceed price per gallon
- The discount can only be used on one vehicle, limited to the tank’s capacity, not to exceed 20 gallons
- Earned points are available for redemption within 24 hours
- Gas Rewards points are valid for 30 days from the day they are earned; your date of purchase is Day 1
- Your available points will be redeemed in 100 point increments (worth 10 cents off per gallon)
This is a decent deal for people who drive. If you buy a $100 Happy gift card for example, you get 1,000 fuel points which could easily add up to $20 in savings or maybe even more based on your location. Make sure you also use a credit card that earns most points at supermarkets and grocery stores to get as much as 6% back (with Amex Blue Cash Preferred).