Stop&Shop/Giant/Martin’s: $10 Discount with $100 Gift Card Purchase
Stop&Shop, Giant and Martin’s supermarkets have a new promotion on select third party gift cards. The discount amounts to 10% and comes in the form of grocery savings. I didn’t see the promotion listed in the weekly ad, but it was posted in store and runs for two weeks through June 25.
- Buy $100 of Gift cards and receive $10 off your next order via discount code printed on receipt
These third party cards are shown in the promotion in-store, but all merchants could be included:
- Home Depot
- Offer valid 6/12/2020 – 6/25/2020
- Limit one offer per transaction
- Stop&Shop gift cards and Amex, Visa, MC gift cards do not apply for this promotion
- $10 certificate expires 7/1/2020
- $10 minimum spend required
- Excludes purchases of Gift Cards, alcohol, tobacco, milk, lottery, fuel prescriptions, stamps. calling cards, metro passes, Western Union and any purchases prohibited by law.
- Photocopied or fraudulent coupons prohibited.
- Promotional value is taken off net purchase after discounts and coupons.
- Limit 1 coupon per customer per transaction.
- Limit 10 offers per household.
- Not redeemable at self checkouts.
- Coupon must be surrendered at time of use.
Home Depot is probably the best option here. You break even if you resell the gift card and earn credit card rewards. Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns most points at supermarkets and grocery stores to get as much as 6% back. And now you have even more option, as many issuers have improved earning on groceries. Chase Freedom earns 5% this quarter. American Express has introduced many new limited time offers, Chase cards now earn up to 5X on groceries, and if you have the Chase Sapphire Reserve or Citi Prestige card, supermarket purchases count towards the travel credit. You can also redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points for these purchases at 1.5 cents each.