IHG Rewards Club has a new “mystery bonus” for purchased points. Looks like many people are getting a 100% bonus, which means that you can buy IHG points for half a cent each. Offer available for purchases made by August 23, 2019. We see this offer for discounted IHG points every few months.
- Offer available for purchases made between 12:00 AM ET June 27, 2019 and 11:59 PM ET August 23, 2019 inclusive.
- This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.
- Bonus points will be awarded upon completion of the transaction.
- Members may purchase a maximum of 100,000 points per calendar year and receive as a gift a maximum of 100,000 points per calendar year.
- Please allow 72 hours for points to post and appear in the recipient’s account.
IHG points are valued at about 0.4 cents each on average and through this offer you’re purchasing them for 0.5 cents a piece. Not really an outstanding deal but useful for specific redemptions. Even though you’re getting these points for half the normal price, you shouldn’t buy them speculatively. Only purchase if you have a redemption in mind that will give you a good value for your points, or if you need some extra points in your account. Discounted IHG points are not that rare, so no need to rush.
These points are sold by Points.com and not directly from IHG, so just use a credit card that earn you at least 2% on everyday spending. You can also try going through a portal to save a bit more.