Starting tomorrow, June 1st, American Express will start offering Premium Card Members complimentary access to the Lufthansa Lounge Program when they travel through Munich and Frankfurt. For the first time, Platinum and Centurion Card Members will be able to enjoy access to select Lufthansa Lounges in Frankfurt Airport’s Terminal 1 Concourse B from 6/1/18 – 3/31/19. American Express is also extending access for Premium Card Members to select Lufthansa Lounges at Munich Airport’s Satellite Building of Terminal 2 through 5/31/19.
Access for premium Card Members flying on a Lufthansa Group flight (Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian airlines) through these airports includes:
- Platinum Card Members have complimentary access to Lufthansa Business Lounges (regardless of ticket class) and Lufthansa Senator Lounges (when flying business class) in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport, and T1 Concourse B in Frankfurt Airport
- Centurion Members have complimentary access to Lufthansa First Class, Senator and Business lounges in the Satellite area of T2 in Munich Airport, and T1 Concourse B in Frankfurt Airport, regardless of ticket class
- Select Lufthansa Lounges will allow Card Members to bring in guests for a fee, which varies based on the lounge
American Express Global Lounge Collection
The American Express Global Lounge Collection gives Platinum Card Members access to more than 1,100 lounges around the world, in 500 plus cities, across 120 countries and counting.
- The American Express Global Lounge CollectionSM is comprised of:
- The American Express Centurion® lounge network
- The International American Express lounges
- Delta Sky Club®
- Priority PassTM Select lounges
- Airspace Lounge
- Escape Lounge US
- Plaza Premium lounges
To learn more about the Global Lounge Collection or locate a lounge, visit: americanexpress.com/findalounge.
This is good news for American Express Platinum and Centurion card members. More lounge access is always more value out of your cards, but obviously only if you can make use of those Lufthansa lounges in Germany. If you do not have an Amex Platinum card, you can get a 60,000 points bonus right now through the public link. But check out if you’re targeted for a 100,000 offer, as that’s the one worth applying for.