Amex Gold Card Will Add Monthly Uber Credits in 2021
Update 1/12/21: The new Uber credits for the Amex Gold card will launch on February 1, 2021. (HT: r/amex)
Update 12/3/20: The new Uber benefit is now showing on the American Express website, but it has not been launched just yet and there’s no exact launch date announced.
Starting in early 2021, American Express Gold Card Members will receive $10 in Uber Cash each month for Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S. That’s up to $120 in annual savings.
The Amex Gold Card currently $100 airline fee credits annually. American Express has already announced that this credit will be removed in 2022. American Express has also said that it will be replaced with a new annual credit, and now we have information on exactly what that is.
Starting early next year, The American Express Gold Card will provide Card Members with up to $120 annually ($10/month) in Uber Cash which can be used on Uber Eats orders or Uber rides in the U.S. This builds on the Card’s existing benefits which include 4X Membership Rewards at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets on up to $25,000 in eligible purchases per calendar year, 3X Membership Rewards points on eligible airfare, and a $120 (up to $10/month) annual dining credit for spend with select merchants.
Additionally, you can save even more with complimentary Eats Pass starting today.
So it sounds like it will be possible that next year you will be able to take advantage of both the $100 airline fee credit and the $10 monthly Uber credits. And keep in mind that this is in addition to the $10 in monthly GrubHub/Seamless/Boxed credits that he card already offers.
The Amex Gold Card has an annual fee of $250 and you could potentially get a total of $240 back in Uber and GrubHub/Seamless/Boxed credits. Add the $100 airline fee credit in 2021 and you actually come out ahead. The card also has great earning rates such as 4X on dining worldwide and on US groceries with a $25K limit for the latter.
American Express Gold Card
This is a public offer and also available through referrals:
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply here.
Also check Pre-Qualified Offers for a 75K Welcome Bonus.
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Restaurants
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Supermarkets (on up to $25,000 in purchases annually)
- 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines and amextravel.com
- 1X Membership Rewards point for all other purchases.
- $120 dining credit which gives enrolled Card Members up to $10 per month in statement credits when they use their Card at eligible dining partners including participating Shake Shack locations, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and Grubhub/Seamless
- $100 airline fee credit: up to $100 in statement credits per year for incidental expenses like baggage fees at one selected airline
- The Hotel Collection: Gold Card Members get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon check-in, when available, when they book a stay of at least two consecutive nights at hotels in the collection
- Personalized Travel Service: provides access to a team of Travel Professionals who can help with travel bookings and vacation packages across air, hotels, transportation, cruise and tour.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Annual Fee: $250