Amex Delta Gold Card, New Offer for 50K Miles + $400 Statement Credit
American Express and Delta Air Lines launched new increased offers for Delta credit cards. For the Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card the public offer is for 70,000 SkyMiles. But there is another better offer that you could be eligible for. This improved offer is showing up while booking flights on Deltas website. Let’s see the details of this Amex Delta Gold bonus and how you can find it.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles when you spend $2,000 within the first 3 months
- Earn a $400 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first 3 months.
- Plus, get a 0% introductory APR on purchases for 12 months from the day of account opening, then a variable APR applies.
- $99 Annual Fee (waived first year)
How to Find the Offer
To get this offer, you need to go to the Delta website and go through the steps of booking a flight. At the final page, “Trip Summary”, you should see the offer under your itinerary. A dummy booking is sufficient, meaning that you don’t have to actually book a flight. You could see the offer with the additional $400 credit, or you could see an offer for just 50K and a $200 credit instead, which is not much better than the current public offer.
Check the ‘Apply for the Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card’ box and you’ll be taken to the application page, showing the same offer. Fill out the information, and submit your application.
- Earn 2X miles at:
- restaurants, including takeout and delivery.
- U.S. supermarkets.
- Delta Purchases made directly with Delta.
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases.
- Spend $10,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit.
- Enjoy your First Checked Bag Free on Delta flights.
- Use Pay with Miles when you book on delta.com (5K miles = $50 discount)
- 20% Back on In-flight Purchases
- Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
Here are the terms related to eligibility for the welcome bonus:
- Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this or previous versions of this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility.
- If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome offer (s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit the welcome offer to, we may freeze the welcome offer credited to, or we may take away the welcome offer from your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us.
The current public offer for the Amex Delta Gold card is for 70,000 SkyMiles. This new offer gets you 20,000 less miles but an additional $400 credit. That’s definitely better. It’s still not the best offer we have seen for this card though.
The only way to top this offer is if you have a referral link for 30K Membership rewards points. That should be more valuable when combined with the current public offer of 70K SkyMiles.