Amex Authorized User Bonuses
American Express is once again sending out offers with a bonus for adding authorized users to your credit card account. These bonuses are targeted and you must have received an email, or find the offer online in your American Express account.
- Add new Additional Card Members to your account through this email and earn 5,000 Membership Rewards® points after they spend $500 in eligible purchases on their Card in their first 3 months of Card Membership (limit 20,000 Membership Rewards® points). Offer ends July 31st, 2020.
- Add new Additional Card Members to your account through this email and earn a $25 statement credit after they spend $250 in eligible purchases on their Card in their first 3 months of Card Membership (limit $100 in statement credits). Offer ends July 31st, 2020.
- Additional Card Members must be added all at once.
- Points will be posted to the Basic Card Member’s account within 8–12 weeks after an Additional Card Member makes required purchases.
- Your purchases as the Basic Card Member will not count toward the $500 spend requirement.
- The Additional Card Member’s Social Security Number and Date of Birth are not required to submit this request. However, this information must be provided by you or the Additional Card Member within 60 days after the Card is issued, or the Additional Card will be canceled.
Some good offer for adding a new user to your account, but not all of them. We often see similar offers for other cards, so take a look at your emails or accounts. Usually best offers are found for Platinum and Gold cards. The only issue here is that you need to add Authorized Users and that would show up as another credit card on that person’s credit report. That would be a problem for those trying to stay under 5/24.