Chase World of Hyatt Credit Card Lets You Pick Between Two Bonuses
World of Hyatt is offering the option to choose between two signup offers when you apply for the World of Hyatt Credit Card. You can either choose up to 50,000 in bonus points, or a free night and $200 in cash. These are offers that we have seen in the past, but now you are able to choose the one that better suits you.
Starting today, October 16, 2020, new World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who apply and are approved for the card will be able to choose between two valuable offers:
- Earn up to 50,000 Bonus Points – 25,000 Bonus Points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening, plus an additional 25,000 Bonus Points after spending $6,000 in spend within the first 6 months of account opening.
- Earn a $200 statement credit plus 1 free night at any Category 1-7 hotel worldwide – the statement credit can be earned after the cardmember’s first purchase with the World of Hyatt Credit Card, and 1 free night can be earned after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Credit needed: Good/Excellent
- Annual fee: $95
- LEARN MORE
Both of these offers currently exist in market across various Hyatt channels, but now, new cardmembers have the opportunity to choose which offer they prefer based on their travel and spend habits, no matter what Hyatt channel they sign up for the Credit Card.
- 4x World of Hyatt points at Hyatt hotels and resorts
- 2x World of Hyatt points at restaurants, airline tickets purchased directly, local transit and commuting, and fitness club and gym memberships.
- 1x on everything else.
- Automatic Discoverist status upon opening the card
- 5 elite nights credited each calendar year as well as the ability to earn 2 elite nights for every $5,000 in purchases.
- LEARN MORE
Furthermore, on top of one of these signup bonuses, new World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers will be able to accelerate toward higher elite status and quickly earn Milestone Rewards with limited-time bonus Tier-Qualifying Night credits:
- New World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers who apply and are approved for the card by December 31, 2020 will receive 10 Tier-Qualifying Night credits toward tier status in 2020 and 2021. That’s double what cardmembers normally receive! This limited time offer will be available across Hyatt and Chase channels.
- New Cardmembers will receive 10 Tier-Qualifying Night credits for 2020 in their World of Hyatt account within 8 weeks of their account opening, and again in 2021 within 8 weeks of January 1, 2021.
To make this opportunity even more valuable, new cardmembers can combine this signup bonus with the World of Hyatt Bonus Journeys global promotion, which allows members to earn up to quadruple Bonus Points on eligible spend at 1,000+ participating locations worldwide through January 4, 2021, plus earn double Tier-Qualifying Night credits – they get one credit in the year in which they earn it and another in 2021.
The product is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of any Hyatt Credit Card who received a new Cardmember bonus within the last 24 months.
This card falls under the Chase 5/24 rule. That means that you will not be approved for a Chase card if you have applied for more than 5 personal credit cards within the last 24 months from any issuer. Business cards do not usually count against this total.
We have seen better bonuses in the past. There was a 70,000 targeted offer, and also 60K offer or two free nights. We have also seen these two current offers for some time now, so the news here is just that you have the option to choose between the two. You also get 10 Tier-Qualifying Night credits toward tier status in 2020 and 2021, regardless of which bonus you choose. That’s double what cardmembers normally receive.