New No-Fee Chase United Gateway Card
Chase and United have teamed up to launch a new co-branded card, the United Gateway Card. This is a no-fee credit card that replaces the United TravelBank card as it was previously announced. This card joins two other consumer United cards, the United Explorer Card ($95 annual fee, waived the first year) and the United Club Infinite Card ($525 annual fee, waived the first year).
- Earn a limited-time welcome bonus of 20,000 MileagePlus miles after spending $1,000 in the first three months from account opening.
- Plus earn 3X miles on grocery purchases on up to $1,500 in eligible purchases per month until September 30, 2021.
- Credit Needed: Good/Excellent
- 2X miles on United purchases
- 2X miles at gas stations
- 2X miles at local transit and commuting
- 1X mile on all other purchases
- Purchase and Extended warranty protection
- Auto rental collision damage waiver (secondary)
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance
- Receive 25% back as a statement credit on in-flight United purchases of food, beverages and wifi
- No foreign transaction fees.
- No Annual Fee
If you fly United often, you may want to consider having this no-annual-fee card in your wallet. However, with a 20K miles welcome bonus this is probably not a card that you want to apply for, but might be more of an option for downgrading other United credit cards. If you have one of the older United TravelBank and Legacy United MileagePlus cards, you should probably have the option to convert to the new Chase United Gateway card soon.