Marriott Amex Offer: Spend $250, Get $75 Back
Some American Express cardholders are targeted today with a new Marriott Amex Offer that can save you $75 on your next stay. I saw this offer on my Amex Platinum Card and Old Blue Cash, but it should show up in other accounts too. Check your cards now and see if you have. Let’s see how this Marriott Amex Offer works.
Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $250 USD on room rate and room charges for your stay at participating properties across the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio’s 30 hotel brands from 9/24/2020 to 12/31/2020. Book at marriott.com.
- Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy™ App or by calling 1-888-236-2427.
- Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International and Vistana Signature Experiences™.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy™ points.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
Amex OffersAmex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your accounts in two forms. Either as a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant. You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use. You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues. For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards. See full list of Amex Offers here.
This is one of the best Amex Offers that we have seen for Marriott stays. You can save up to 30% if you spend exactly $250 on your stay booked by the end of the year. Gift cards are excluded in the terms of this Marriott Amex Offer, but based on previous data points, purchasing a gift card at the front desk should trigger the statement credit. That way you can lock in the savings for future stays as well, if you don’t have any immediate plans to stay at Marriott properties.