Citi Personal Wealth Management Account Bonus, Get Up to $3,500
Citi has a bonus of up to $3,500 for customers who fund a new individual or joint Citi Personal Wealth Management account between July 1, 2020 and September 30, 2020. To qualify to earn a cash bonus reward, accounts must be funded in cash or securities. The maximum bonus for this Citi Personal Wealth Management Account offer you need funding of $2,000,000, so this is not a bonus for everyone.
How to earn up to $3,500 cash bonus:
- Contact us to open and enroll in a new eligible Citi Personal Wealth Management account by 9/30/2020
- Fund the Citi Personal Wealth Management account with New-to-Citibank Funds within 2 months of account opening
- Enroll the new Citi Personal Wealth Management Account into e-delivery of statements within 2 months of account opening
- Maintain the new funding through the end of the next month (or 3 months after the month of account enrollment).
|New-to-Citi Funding||Cash Bonus|
|$50,000 – $199,999||$500|
|$200,000 – $499,999||$1,000|
|$500,000 – $999,999||$1,500|
|$1,000,000 – $1,999,999||$2,500|
The amount of the cash bonus reward is based on the funding received during the promotional period. The cash bonus will be credited to the Citi Personal Wealth Management account for customers who were enrolled in the promotion and have met the qualifying requirements stated in the offer based on the date the account was opened.
|Month of Account
|Account funding and enrollment in e-delivery of statement||Maintain
|Cash Bonus Credited to
|July 2020||Between 7/1/20 – 9/30/20||Through 10/31/20||By February 1, 2021|
|August 2020||Between 7/1/20 – 10/31/20||Through 11/30/20||By March 1, 2021|
|September 2020||Between 7/1/20 – 11/30/20||Through 12/31/20||By April 1, 2021|
- To qualify, the entire amount of cash or securities to fund the account must be “New-To-Citi” and cannot be combined with existing balances from any other Citibank retail or Citi investment accounts.
- Cash or securities must come from an external, non-Citi, source through a standard transfer method (e.g., a standard Transfer of Assets form, check, electronic funds transfer, ADM deposit). “New-to-Citi Funds” are 1) funds deposited from external accounts or payees other than Citibank, N.A. and 2) must be deposited using domestic ACH transfer, Direct Deposit, checks drawn on banks other than Citibank, N.A., wire transfer, trustee to trustee transfer, or ACAT securities transfers.. Cash deposits, Citi Global Transfers, international ACH transfers, and person-to-person transfer services such as Apple Pay, PayPal®, Venmo, and Zelle®, do not qualify as New-to-Citi Funds. New-To-Citi funds may be deposited into a Citibank retail account and transferred to the new CPWM account during the account funding period outlined in the chart below. However, transfers of existing funds from a Citibank retail account are not considered New-To-Citi funds for the purpose of this promotion.
- To qualify to earn a cash bonus reward, accounts must be funded in cash or securities and the account enrolled in e-delivery of statements within 2 months of account opening and the balance of the account must be maintained through the end of the month shown in the chart below. For example, an account opened in July must fund their account and enroll in e-delivery of statements between 7/1/20 and 9/30/20, then must maintain funds until 10/31/20.
- The total funding for purposes of determining the bonus level funding considered for the promotion is defined as the total amount of eligible cash or securities received in the account minus withdrawals and transfers of securities out of the account as of the deadline to fund the account based on the month of account opening. Distributions, interest, and dividends from investments will not be counted. Market fluctuation will not impact eligibility for a particular bonus level.
- The promotion is only available for certain account types, including individual and joint accounts. Accounts not eligible for this promotion include but are not limited to corporate and other business/entity accounts, trust accounts (except Living Revocable Trusts and Family Revocable Trusts which are eligible), retirement plan accounts other than IRAs and SEPs (e.g., 401(k), money purchase pension plan, profit sharing plan, and other ERISA plan account), estate accounts, UGMA/UTMA accounts, 529 college savings plan accounts, robo-advisory accounts under the Citi Wealth Builder Program, and insurance products (including annuities). For questions about eligibility, please speak to a Citi Personal Wealth Management representative.
- Limit one bonus per customer.
Could be useful for some people that have the funds available for these types of bonuses. You need to transfer funds within 2 months of account opening and maintain the new funding through the end of the next month (or 3 months after the month of account enrollment). That means that you need to keep the funds in the account just over a month.