Amex Green Card, 45K Welcome Bonus Again
Some people are once again seeing a 45,000 welcome bonus for the revamped American Express Green Card. The offer is showing up when you use a clean browser, either when opening the public page for the card or a referral link.
- Earn 45,000 Membership Rewards Points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first three months.
This Amex Green Card bonus may not be available if you leave the web page and return later.
With the new Green from Amex, Card Members earn 3X Membership Rewards points when they dine out, commute in or travel away. In addition to these enhancements, Card Members will receive a variety of benefits aimed at rewarding their experiences, including:
- 3X Membership Rewards points on travel including transit – such as flights, hotels, tours, car rentals, ride shares, buses, subways, third-party travel websites and amextravel.com
- 3X Membership Rewards points at restaurants worldwide
- Up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year towards purchase of CLEAR membership, which unlocks frictionless experiences at 60+ locations nationwide, including airports, arenas, stadiums and Hertz rental car locations
- Up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year towards purchases with LoungeBuddy to relax at airport lounges around the world – allowing travelers to find and book lounges on their terms
- No foreign transaction fees
- Limited time $10 monthly credit for wireless telephone services
- Annual Fee: $150
Applying for the Card
Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. If you’re not sure whether you’ve had this card in the past, you can use this trick to find out. Sometimes cards that you’ve had more than 5-7 years ago, will no longer show up in your Amex history. They may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer eligibility. Amex has a tool that will let you know whether you qualify for the bonus during the application process. If you’re an existing American Express customer they will only do a soft pull for new card applications.
American Express has a limit of one approved credit card every 5 days and two approved cards every 90 days. There’s also a maximum of 5 or 6 total American Express credit cards that you can have at a given time. However, the Amex Green Card is a charge card, so you can combine the application with another Amex card.
American Express has been getting much tougher on those trying to game the system for bonuses. Doing everything by the book would be the best way to go for these bonuses.
This is actually a card that you can keep in your wallet and use for ongoing spend. Cardmembers can earn 3X on dining and travel, plus frequent fliers can get up to $200 in credits for CLEAR membership, LoungeBuddy and Away. The signup bonus also is a good one if you are able to get the 45,000 offer. That’s worth at least $700 when redeemed for travel. If you can also get a referral bonus of up to 30K, then this is an amazing opportunity.