Amazon Shop with Points Promo, $20 Off $80 with Capital One Rewards
Capital One announced last year the option of redeeming rewards for Amazon purchases. This is also an option for other issuers with rewards and cashback credit cards. You can already use Membership Rewards points from American Express, Ultimate Rewards points from Chase, ThankYou points from Citi, Discover Cashback and even Hilton Honors points. Using your credit card points this way is often not a great idea, unless there is some type of discount or promotion going on. Now for the first time we are seeing a promotion from Capital One Rewards.
Some people are seeing a banner for a discount when using Capital One rewards. You can also check here to see if you are targeted.
Get $20 off when you purchase $80 or more worth of Amazon products. Here’s how the offer works:
- Link your Capital One Rewards account to your Amazon account
- Activate the promotion on your Amazon account (YMMV)
- Add $80 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping cart
- At checkout, select your Capital One Card as your payment method
- Use least 1 Capital One point for your purchase
If you are not eligible you will get a message saying: “Thank you for your interest. Unfortunately, you are not eligible for this invitation-only offer.”
- If you have recently enrolled your card in Amazon Shop with Points, please allow at least 24 hours for our records to refresh, then check back to activate the offer.
- Valid until 9/30/20 or while supplies last.
Finally we see these offers for Capital One cardholders as well. This time it is actually working for some people. It gives you yet another option to save money on Amazon purchases. They have been pretty generous lately with multiple offers for most credit card issuers. Check your accounts and maybe you’ll see it as well.
Shopping with rewards at Amazon.com is an option for eligible Venture, VentureOne, Quicksilver, QuicksilverOne, Savor, SavorOne, Spark Miles, Spark Miles Select, Spark Cash, Spark Cash Select, Spark Classic, and Journey Student account holders with accounts open and in good standing.