Targeted 40K Points Offer to Upgrade to Amex Gold Card
American Express is offering some customers a bonus of 40,000 Membership Rewards points for upgrading to the Gold Card. These offers usually show for Green cardholders, but are also showing for the old discontinued Zync card.
Upgrade to the American Express Gold Card and earn 40,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Restaurants
- 4X Membership Rewards points at U.S. Supermarkets (on up to $25,000 in purchases annually)
- 3X Membership Rewards points on flights booked directly with airlines and amextravel.com
- 1X Membership Rewards point for all other purchases.
- $120 dining credit which gives enrolled Card Members up to $10 per month in statement credits when they use their Card at eligible dining partners including participating Shake Shack locations, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and Grubhub/Seamless
- $100 airline fee credit: up to $100 in statement credits per year for incidental expenses like baggage fees at one selected airline
- The Hotel Collection: Gold Card Members get a $75 hotel credit on qualifying charges, plus a room upgrade upon check-in, when available, when they book a stay of at least two consecutive nights at hotels in the collection
- Personalized Travel Service: provides access to a team of Travel Professionals who can help with travel bookings and vacation packages across air, hotels, transportation, cruise and tour.
- No foreign transaction fees.
- Annual Fee: $250
The Amex Gold card has a $250 annual fee. When you upgrade, your card anniversary date doesn’t change. You will be charged a prorated annual membership fee for your new Card based on the time remaining until your next account anniversary date.
This is a good way to get a 40K bonus on the Amex Gold card without a hard pull on your credit report. You can also get this bonus if you have had the Gold card in the past. The bonus is close to the best offer we have seen for this card. Currently there is also an offer for a 35K welcome bonus and $250 in dining credits.
The good thing about upgrade offers is that you can still get the bonus even if you’ve had the Amex Gold card in the past.
Let me know if you see the offer in your accounts. You can find it under the Amex Offers section.