Amex Amazon Business Prime Card Adds $120K Annual Limit on 5% Cashback
The Amex Amazon Business Prime credit card is a no annual fee business card that gives you extra earning on Amazon and some additional benefits. The 5% cashback on Amazon purchases is the highlight of this product, but it will soon be limited.
On the application page on Amazon, it now notes that “effective 10/1/2020 you will earn 5% Back on the first $120,000 in purchases each calendar year, 1% Back thereafter.” Previously there was no cap on the 5% category purchases which include Amazon.com, Whole Foods Market, Amazon Business and AWS.
- 5% Back or 90-day payment terms for eligible Prime members (including Business Prime) on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
- 3% Back or 60-day payment terms for all other customers on U.S. purchases at Amazon Business, Amazon Web Services, Amazon.com, and Whole Foods Market.
- 2% Back on purchases at U.S. restaurants and gas stations, and on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers.
- 1% Back on other eligible purchases.
- Access to line-item details on purchases made on Amazon Business (U.S.) such as cost per item and quantity, giving more visibility into and trackability of business purchases.
- For a limited time, select Amazon Business American Express Card Members can receive a complimentary year of the Business Prime Essentials plan – a $179 value from Amazon – when they sign-up for a free trial and add a workmate to their Amazon Business account within 30 days of card approval.
This is a generous limit, but some businesses might need to make large purchases during the year, and could easily go over $120K. So now it makes sense to switch to another card once you reach the limit. Other Amazon cards for now don’t seem to be impacted by this limit and it’s not clear whether existing Amex Amazon Business Prime cardholders will also have this limit starting in October.
The current bonus for the card is $125, but we saw a $225 offer recently.
HT: Doctor of Credit