Amex Business Platinum Card, 100K Welcome Bonus Available by Phone
American Express is once again offering a signup bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards points for the Business Platinum card. The bonus is better than the current public offer of 75,000 points, but available by phone only. You can also get a 85K welcome bonus through referrals.
Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 on qualifying purchases on the Business Platinum Card within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Annual fee of $595.
How To get 100K Offer
There’s no link to offer. You need to call in and ask for it. I’m assuming the old steps should still work.
- Call 1-800-971-6736 or 1-800-223-2670
- Choose Option 1, to “apply for a new card”
- You’ll be redirected to a CSR
- Most likely they will offer you the 100K bonus, but in the past some people needed to say that they received a mailer for the offer directly and lost it.
- Call again if you do not get the offer on the first try. Remember to always be polite.
Now they are also able to email you an application, instead of applying by phone.
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
- 5X points for each dollar of eligible purchases made when you book on the American Express Travel website
- Use Membership Rewards Pay with Points for all or part of an eligible fare and get 35% of those points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- 1.5X Points per dollar on eligible purchases of $5,000 of more
- Temporary Shipping, Wireless & Dell Credits
- Access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across 120 countries
- Up to a $200 Credit a year for baggage fees and more on one airline
- 10 Gogo inflight internet passes annually and unlimited Wi-Fi at Boingo hotspots.
- Receive a statement credit every 4 years after you apply for Global Entry ($100) or TSA Pre® ($85) with an eligible Card.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Upgrade to Gold status in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program without meeting any stay requirements.
- Hilton Honors™ Gold status
- $595 annual fee
100K is as good as it gets for the Amex Business Platinum card. The card has a huge annual fee of $595 but also comes with lots of perks. The travel benefits might not be of much use for the next few months, but they have added temporary perks that can be used while staying at home.
If you are thinking of applying definitely try calling instead of applying online. The public bonus right now is 75K and you can also get 85K through referrals, but you need to spend $20K.
Let me know if it works for you.