Slide App by Raise, Earn 5% Cash Back at Many Merchants
Slide is an app that lets you pay for everyday purchases in-store or online and it gives you 4% or 5% in cash back. This new app was launched by Raise and for now is available on iOS devices only. You need to join a wait list if you have Android.
How it Works
- Shop at a participating merchant where you’d like to purchase products or services.
- Select the merchant where you’re shopping and enter the total amount of your purchase after taxes and/or tip.
- Select/Confirm your Payment Details.
- Select Pay. Once you select Pay, your payment method will be charged for the amount entered, and you’ll earn 4% cash back on this amount instantly!
- You basically buy a merchant gift card for a fixed amount and then use that gift card to make your purchase
You can use Slide to pay for your retail purchase in store and online at over 150+ retailers. You can use a combination of your Slide Balance, your Cash Back Balance, and/or an added Payment Method (Apple Pay, PayPal, credit card, or debit card) to pay for purchases.
All purchases at these merchants shown below and more that are included in the list, will earn 4% cash back. If you add funds in advance you will earn an extra 1% cash back for a total of 5% back. It makes checkout faster, too.
See more details about the app here.
How to Use Cashback
The cashback you earn from purchases is saved in the app. You can apply the cashback towards your next transaction on Slide, or withdraw earnings to Venmo or PayPal.
I haven’t had a chance to play around with the app since I have an Android device. But with possible 5% cash back on many merchants such as Office Depot, Lowe’s, Bad Bath & Beyond and others, it might open up some interesting possibilities.