Global Entry (And Other Programs) Enrollment Suspended Until June
U.S. Customs and Border Protection extended its suspension on enrollment for popular travel programs like Global Entry through at least June 1st, as coronavirus numbers and deaths continue to increase. The program was initially suspended on March 19.
The announcement says that “U.S. Customs and Border Protection will extend the temporary closure of Trusted Traveler Program enrollment centers until at least June 1, 2020” in order to minimize the exposure of CBP personnel and the public to the coronavirus.
The temporary closure applies to all public access Global Entry enrollment centers, NEXUS enrollment centers, SENTRI enrollment centers and FAST enrollment locations. Global Entry mobile enrollment events are also paused until further notice.
The announcement advises “conditionally-approved applicants who seek an enrollment center interview” to reschedule after June 1. The good news is that CBP’s Enrollment on Arrival program will remain open. Conditionally-approved Global Entry applicants will be able to complete the enrollment process when arriving on an international flight at any of the 60 airports that offer this program. But that will probably not help many people right now.
CBP has also “extended the period of time that Trusted Traveler Program applications remain active to 485 days from the date of their application”. There is also an extension of 18 months of Trusted Traveler Program benefits of members who apply for renewal before their current membership expires.
The Department of Homeland Security has also suspended Global Entry and several other trusted traveler programs for all residents of New York indefinitely.
Free Global Entry
These are the cards that will reimburse you $100 for paying for Global Entry, and most of them also give you $85 if you want to go for TSA PreCheck:
- Platinum Card From American Express ($550 Annual Fee – Free AUs also get the perk)
- Business Platinum Card From American Express ($550 AF – Free AUs also get the perk)
- American Express Corporate Platinum Card ($550 AF)
- Spark Miles Business Credit Card from Capital One ($95 AF)
- Citi Prestige
- AAdvantage Aviator Silver World Elite MasterCard
- Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard ($450 AF)
- Citi Expedia+ Voyager ($95 AF – No longer available)
- Chase Southwest Performance Business Credit Card ($199 AF)
- Chase United Explorer Card ($95 AF)
- Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite ($450 AF – No longer available)
- Chase Sapphire Reserve ($450 AF)
- IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card ($89 AF)
- City National Crystal Visa Infinite ($400 AF)
- MasterCard Black Card ($495 AF)
- Suntrust Travel Rewards Credit Card ($89 AF)
- Amex U.S. Bank FlexPerks Gold ($85 AF)
- Capital One Venture ($95 AF)