IHG Rewards Club Extends Elite Status and Award Night Certificates
IHG has just announced that it is extending elite status for Rewards Club members through January 2022 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Elites now get an extra full year to enjoy their benefits. Additionally, Ambassador Free Weekend Nights are extended by three months and Free Night Certificates from credit cards are extended through December 31, 2020. All new certificates issued in 2020 will be valid for 18 months.
- All members’ program status will be automatically extended through January 2022, allowing members to enjoy all the benefits of the status they earned during 2019.
- For Spire Elite members this includes the Choice benefit of 25,000 bonus points or gifting of Platinum Elite status to someone each year
- This change will be automatically reflected in member accounts in the coming weeks.
With more constrained travel plans and a shorter time period during which members can earn Elite tier status, we have reduced the criteria required (nights or points) this year by 25% or more meaning members can still qualify for a higher tier during 2020:
Award Night Certificates
- We are extending the expiration date of anniversary certificates that are set to expire in 2020. Certificates expiring from March 1, 2020 can now be used through December 31, 2020.
- Certificates issued in 2020 will have an 18-month redemption time period.
- We have provided a complimentary three-month membership extension to members of our InterContinental Ambassador program (on 15 March 2020)
- These members will also receive a three-month extension on unredeemed Weekend Night Certificates. The new date these certificates are valid until will be automatically reflected in members accounts in the coming weeks.
HT: Loyalty Lobby