Verizon Offering Free International Calling to Many Countries
Verizon is offering free international long distance calling to countries identified by the Center for Disease Control as level 3 impacted by COVID-19. This offer includes customers on both prepaid and postpaid plans. Charges are waived as of the date the country was added to the Level 3 list. This list includes many countries in Europe, Brazil, China, Chile India, Iran, Turkey, etc..
- Effective 3/18/20 to 4/30/20
- Unlimited calls to mobile and landline phones in Level 3 countries
- Includes unlimited calls to mobile and landline phones
- Exception: A total of 300 minutes of fee calling provided for calling Iran, Latvia, Lithuania and Slovenia
- Effective 3/19/20 to 4/30/20
- 300 additional minutes to call mobile and landline phones in Level 3 countries
You can see the full notice here. Verizon is also giving customers an extra 15GB of data and waiving fees. Other wireless carriers are also offering cheaper plans or extras during the coronavirus outbreak. T-Mobile is adding an extra 10GB to hotspot plans. AT&T Inc. says it won’t charge customers extra for exceeding their data or calling allotments. And if you’re looking for even cheaper plans, Tello prices start at just $5 per month.