Southwest Sale – One Way Fares from $39, Book Through Oct 30th
Check out this new Southwest sale featuring discounted flights all over the country starting from as little as $39. Normally this wouldn’t be big news these days, but the fact that you can book through October 30th and that Southwest is currently letting you change any flight for no extra charge, could be useful. If you have the Southwest Companion Pass this sale gets twice as good. Check out these credit card offers that will help you get a Companion Pass.
This deal on everyone’s favorite budget-friendly carrier is running through Thursday, March 26th. There are some restrictions and blackout dates, but there are plenty of opportunities to find your next getaway and start dreaming of traveling once again. And remember, while other airlines are now waiving fees over the coronavirus, Southwest never charges rescheduling or cancellation fees.
The deals apply to flights from April 14 through June 6 and then August 18 through October 30, 2020. The cheapest fares on a number of the listed routes are only available on specific days.
Travel dates and restrictions are are follows:
- Continental U.S. travel valid April 14 through June 6, 2020, and August 18 through October 30, 2020.
- Blacked out May 21-22, May 25, September 4, and September 7, 2020.
- Interisland Hawaii travel valid April 14 through May 20, 2020.
- Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid April 14 through May 14, 2020, and September 8 through October 30, 2020.
- International travel valid April 14 through May 14, 2020, and August 18 through October 30, 2020.
Except as otherwise specified, continental U.S. travel is valid only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays. Travel to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando, and Las Vegas and from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando to Las Vegas is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Orlando and Las Vegas and from Las Vegas to Ft. Myers/Naples, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Tampa, and Orlando is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays. Travel continental U.S. to/from Hawaii is Monday – Thursday. Interisland Hawaii travel is valid Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico is valid Monday – Thursday. International travel is valid Monday – Thursday. Travel to Mexico is valid only on Sundays through Wednesdays. Travel from Mexico is valid only on Tuesdays through Fridays.
Southwest Fare Sale Terms
- 14-day advance purchase required for continental U.S. travel; 21-day advance purchase required for all other travel.
- Fares valid on nonstop service where indicated; if not indicated, fares are valid on single connecting service.
- Fares not available to/from continental U.S. to/from Hawaii.
- Points bookings do not include taxes, fees, and other government/airport charges of at least $5.60 per one-way flight.
- Travel is available for one-way Wanna Get Away® fares.
- Fares may be combined with other Southwest Airlines® combinable fares. If combining with other fares, the most restrictive fare’s rules apply.
These are good deals from Southwest, and the fact that you can book August through October makes it useful. Fares are nonrefundable but credit may be applied toward future travel on Southwest Airlines, as long as reservations are canceled at least ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure. If you use Rapid Rewards points the fares are fully refundable. If you’re not familiar with Southwest, you should know that the airline does not assign seats. So be ready to check in exactly 24 hours before your flight time, so you can get a good spot in line to board early and grab some good seats.
Use a Southwest credit card or Amex Platinum (5x on airfare), Citi Prestige (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve(3x on travel), or any of the best credit cards for travel purchases. You can also use travel credit from cards such as Citi Prestige or the Chase Sapphire Reserve.
So where will you go next? Let me know in the comments if you book anything.
Please be safe! The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Check out the CDC website for more information. During this coronavirus pandemic try your best to:
- Stay home if you can and avoid gatherings of more than ten people. This is extremely important for older adults and people who have serious chronic medical conditions like heart disease, diabetes and lung disease etc.
- Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others if you must go out in public.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets and countertops.