Buy Marriott Bonvoy Points with 50% Bonus
Marriott has a rare promotion for those looking to buy Marriott Bonvoy points. You can get a bonus of up to 50% on the points that you purchase, which is one of the best promotions we have seen from Marriott. You need to buy 2,000 or more points in a single transaction, and with the added bonus, you would be paying 0.83 cents per point. The regular price for purchased Marriott Bonvoy points is 1.25 cents.
Treat yourself or loved ones to a getaway sooner when you buy 2,000+ points, now through March 25, 2020. Here’s what a 50% bonus looks like for some of our most popular purchase amounts:
|10,000 points||5,000 bonus points|
|20,000 points||10,000 bonus points|
|50,000 points||25,000 bonus points|
You can buy up to 100,000 points, now through March 25, 2020 — that’s twice the usual annual limit of 50,000 points. Plus, bonus points earned with this promotion do not count towards your annual limit. Annual limit includes points previously purchased in 2020, but does not include the bonus points earned with this promotion.
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 AM ET February 18, 2020 and 11:59 PM ET March 25, 2020 to be eligible for the 50% bonus points offer with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points.
- Purchased points do not count towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
- A member may purchase or receive as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 100,000 points during the promotional period only. Points that have been already purchased or received as a gift in 2020 are included in the 100,000 points limit.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000, with a minimum purchase of 2,000 points required.
- Points can be purchased at a rate of $12.50 (USD) per 1,000 points.
- Points purchases will be processed up to 7 business days after purchase.
- Base points purchased will be deposited into members’ accounts first. Bonus points will be deposited up to 48 hours after that initial deposit.
- You must be a member in good standing to both purchase and receive points.
- A new member may purchase points thirty (30) days after enrollment if their Marriott Bonvoy account reflects qualifying activity as described in the Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules. After ninety (90) days from enrollment, a new member is eligible to purchase points regardless of their account activity.
- Once points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing points using a Marriott BonvoyTM co-brand credit card will earn points as an everyday purchase.
Buying points is not usually a good idea. With this promotion you’re able to buy Marriott Bonvoy points at a price of 0.83 cents each. That is slightly higher that what I would value Marriott points, but could be useful if you have a great redemption in mind, or if you just need some more points quickly. You should probably check out these Marriott credit cards first for bonuses up to 100,000 points, and also extra perks for your Marriott stays.