US Bank $300 Bonus for Checking Accounts
US Bank is offering a $300 bonus nationwide for new Easy Checking accounts. There is a direct deposit requirement for this bonus.
Earn a $300 bonus when you open a new U.S. Bank consumer checking account by March 31, 2020 and:
- Use promo code 2020Q1C
- Make at least two direct deposits that total $2,000 or more within 60 days of account opening.
- Enroll in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App by April 7, 2020.
The checking account bonus will be deposited into your new consumer checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification, as long as your account is open and account balance is positive. Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
- Offer is available almost nationwide. You must be in a state where they have physical branches.
- Offer is not valid if you have an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a checking account in the last six months, or received other bonus offers within the past six months.
- Current U.S. Bank employees are not eligible.
Easy Checking is the best option. It has a $6.95 monthly fee that is waived:
- Combined monthly direct deposits totaling $1000+
- Average account balance of $1,500.
- Account holder(s) age 65 or greater.
A great bonus that almost everyone should be eligible for. You can open the account online. The account is easy to keep fee-free and you need to complete two direct deposits totaling $2,000 or more. Then enroll in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App.
- Apply Here
- Bonus: $300
- Account Type: Easy Checking
- Availability: Nationwide (probably need to have a US bank location nearby)
- Expiration Date: 3/31/2020
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Opening Deposit Credit Card Funding: No
- Direct Deposit Requirement: Two direct deposits that total $2,000 or more within 60 days
- Other Requirements: Enroll in either U.S. Bank online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App by April 7, 2020.
- Monthly Fee: $6.95 (can be waived)
- Closing Account Fee: None