Marriott Amex Offer: Spend $300, Get $45 Back
Check your American Express credit cards for a new Marriott Amex Offer that can save you 15% on your next stay. I saw the offer in my Amex Platinum and Old Blue Cash cards, but not on my Marriott Bonvoy card.
Get a one-time $45 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300 USD on room rate or room charges at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy portfolio from 1/30/2020 to 4/15/2020.
- Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico.
- Not valid at Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in Cuba.
- Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy™ App or by calling 1-888-236-2427.
- Excludes the following brands: Marriott Vacation Club®, Edition®, St. Regis® Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels®, JW Marriott® Hotels, Vistana™, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, and Marriott Executive Apartments®.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities, or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy™ points.
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your account online and you will usually get a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards.
A good offer for paid stays at Marriott Bonvoy hotels. Check your cards and add the offer now if you have it and plan to use it. You must spend at least $300 in order to get the $45 discount. Even if you don’t have immediate plans for any stays, you can buy a gift card at the front desk and that should trigger the statement credit from the Amex Offer. That way you can lock in savings for the future.