Hilton is offering their best promotion for buying discounted Hilton Honors points. You can get a 100% bonus when you purchase at least 10,000 Hilton Honors Points. These points cost 1 cent each regularly so through this promotion you can grab them for just half a cent each. But, just because there’s a 50% discount, doesn’t automatically make this a good deal. Hilton Honors points are often valued at just 0.4 cents and maybe even less.
- The 100% Bonus with a minimum 10,000 Points purchase campaign is available for purchases made by December 28, 2019, at 11:59pm ET.
- Members may purchase a maximum of 160,000 points per calendar year.
- All purchases are non-refundable.
- Offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Points will be posted to the recipients Hilton Honors account within 24 hours of the completed transaction.
Should You Buy Hilton Points?
I’m not a fan of buying points. You will never be able to buy points at a price that’s better than the average valuation. If you need a big chunk of points, Hilton Honors credit cards will be your best and cheapest option. But buying points could make sense in some instances. If you just need a few thousand points towards a redemption you could transfer Membership Rewards points or go the buying route.
There’s also plenty of properties where you can get a value of over 1 cent each for your Hilton Honors points. While you can get good valuation you would also have to consider if you would be willing to pay prices of over $1,000 a night in cash.
Purchasing Hilton Honors points at half a cent each is as cheap as it gets. But that’s only if you’re looking to purchase points. I would suggest looking at Hilton Honors credit cards first. You can earn tons of points with signup bonuses or ongoing spend. If you do plan to buy buy Hilton Points with this promotion, try going through a portal such as RebatesMe to earn some cashback and use a card that earn at least 2%.