Alaska Airlines Amex Offer: Spend $200, Get $40 Back
Check your American Express credit cards for a new offer that can save you $40 on your next Alaska Airlines flight. This is a targeted offer.
Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ in one or more eligible transactions online at alaskaair.com by 1/31/2019.
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with US Alaska Airlines locations, through alaskaair.com, US reservation telephone line, or US mobile app.
- Purchase must be in USD to qualify.
- Purchases such as Virgin America flights are included if purchased through alaskaair.com.
- Not valid for purchases through third parties, agents, and affiliate sites that link to/from alaskaair.com.
- Excludes gift certificates, lounge passes, lounge memberships, hotel bookings, car rentals, ground transportation, vacation packages, insurance, purchase or gifting of mileage on Mileage Plan account, Alaska Airlines Company Store and purchases within lounges, aboard flights or at international airports.
Amex Offers are an extra perk on all American Express credit cards, charge cards, and even prepaid cards. You can see these offers in your accounts in two forms. Either as a statement credit or earn extra MR points for spending a certain amount at a specific merchant.
You will need to add the offer to a specific card, and then use that card to get the credit. To add offers to a card, log into your account online, scroll down to the “Amex Offers & Benefits” section and click “Add to Card” for offers that you plan to use.
You should add the offer to your preferred card. Amex Offers are now limited to just one per person, or maybe two if you are lucky. But Amex is being very strict about one per person rule and have sent out notices that they will claw back credits if you have used an offer multiple times. You can however use the Membership Rewards version and the statement credit version of the same offer without issues.
For third party Amex cards you can use this new website, American Express Connect, to check for offers and also add them to your cards. Not all offers show up here.
This is a good offer is you fly Alaska and have any paid flights planned, or can just use it for fees on awards. The spending can be done in one or more transactions which makes the offer easier to use.