Update 4/10/2020: Rate has been lowered to 1.75% APY. You can check other high yield accounts here.
Update 11/20/2019: Rate has been lowered to 2.00% APY.
First Foundation Bank, Earn 2.40% APY with Online Savings Account
First Foundation Bank is offering the best possible rate out there, for a savings account with no maximum and no monthly requirements. You can earn 2.40% APY with their Online Savings account which is available nationwide.
Open a Online Savings account at First Foundation Bank and earn 2.40% APY, accurate as of 11/4/2019. The minimum balance to open an Online Savings Account and to obtain the advertised APY is $1,000 – new money only. There is no monthly fee.
Balance tier amounts and APYs associated with the end-of-day balance for purpose of paying interest on the Online Savings Account are:
- $0.01-$999.99 – APY 1.00%;
- $1,000 or more – APY 2.40%.
Interest rate is variable and subject to change after account opening.
- Subject to change without notice, and cannot be combined with any other offers.
- Only available online.
- Funds from existing accounts with First Foundation Bank do not qualify for the published rate of the Online Savings Account.
- FDIC insured. The insurance is directly through our bank, not intermediated by a third-party.
- If your Online Savings account is closed within 90 days of opening, there will be a $20 fee assessed. If it is closed after longer than 90 days, there is no fee.
- You can fund your account with balances up to $3,000,000.
- Limit of six withdrawals or transfers per statement cycle. Fee for excess withdrawals is $20 per item.
The best rate being offered right now and it is also available nationwide. First Foundation Bank is based in California and is FDIC insured directly, since it is an actual bank not a fintech. But I have never dealt with this bank in the past personally. If you have, let me and other readers know. You can check other high yield accounts here.
- Offer Page
- APY: 2.40%
- Min/ Max Amount: $1K/$3M
- Inquiry Type: Soft
- ChexSystems Pull: Yes
- Credit Card Funding: No
- Monthly Requirements: None
- Monthly Fee: No