Referrals for Amex Bonuses with No Lifetime Language
American Express is giving some current members the option to generate some special referrals. Those who are able to see this referral option, can refer friends for cards with signup bonuses that do not have the usual lifetime restriction. You should see “Refer friends for a pre-approved offer” if you are eligible. Being able to generate referrals for Amex bonuses with no lifetime language is a great opportunity for the person referring and those being referred. Here’s what it looks like:
How it Works
- Log in here to see if you have the option to generate referrals for these offers.
- Choose a card in your account if you have more than one.
- Refer a friend via the email option
- Your friend must apply through the offer link and be approved.
- Your bonus will post to your account within 8-12 weeks after approval
You can share this offer with up to 2 friends. You need to enter their name and email in the referral page.
These are the offers available:
- Personal Platinum 60,000 (15,000 Membership Rewards for referring) after spending $5,000 in 3 months
- Hilton Aspire 150,000 (15,000 Hilton for referring) after spending $4,000 in 3 months
- Hilton Surpass 125,000 (15,000 Hilton for referring) after spending $3,000 in 3 months
- No-Fee Hilton Card 75,000 (15,000 Hilton for referring) after spending $1,000 in 3 months
- Bonvoy Brilliant 75,000 (15,000 Marriott for referring) after spending $3,000 in 3 months
Let me know if you see any others.
Earning bonuses for a second time on the same American Express card is pretty rare. We do see occasionally such offers, but one downside is that you cannot get a referral bonuses when those pop up. This new opportunity gives you a referral bonus plus the opportunity at a second bonus on the same card for the person you refer. Depending on which cards you see these pre-approved referral offers, you can get a 15K or even 20K referral bonus.
If you are applying through these referrals, make sure to double check that there’s no lifetime language in the offer terms. If you’re referring people, you’re only allowed two referrals. So don’t waste any of them by trying to check yourself if there is lifetime language on it or not. Send it to someone who can actually use the referral.