Gap Class Action Settlement
Plaintiffs Carmen Andrews, Laurie Munning, Michael Pallagrosi and Caron Coladonato (the “Named Plaintiffs”) filed a lawsuit against Gap on behalf of themselves and all others similarly situated. The lawsuit alleges that Gap engaged in deceptive advertising by advertising false reference prices on merchandise in-store and online at Gap Outlets, Gap Factory Stores and Banana Republic Factory Stores in the United States.
Gap denies each and every one of the allegations of unlawful conduct, any wrongdoing, and any liability whatsoever, and no court or other entity has made any judgment or other determination of any liability.
The settlement doesn’t provide cash, but instead get you either a $6 or $12 credit you can use for purchases.
The Court has decided that everyone who fits this description is a Class Member for purposes of the proposed Settlement:
All individuals who, between May 24, 2010 and May 10, 2019, the date of entry of the Preliminary Approval Order, purchased an item in-store or online from any Gap Outlet, Gap Factory Store, or Banana Republic Factory Store in the United States.
How Much Do I Get?
A Class Member who submits a timely and sufficient Claim Form (“Authorized Claimant”) shall be able to identify the form of Settlement Purchase Certificate he or she wishes to receive on the Claim Form.
- A Tier 1 Authorized Claimant is one who does not submit proof of Qualifying Purchase(s), or submits proof of Qualifying Purchase(s) that are less than $90.00, with his or her timely and valid Claim Form. To each Tier 1 Authorized Claimant, Gap shall issue one (1) Settlement Purchase Certificate for $6 for any purchase or off any purchase (no minimum purchase required).
- Tier 2 Authorized Claimants: A Tier 2 Authorized Claimant is one who has Qualifying Purchase(s) during the Class Period totaling $90.00 or more and submits proof of such purchase(s) with their timely and valid Claim Form. To each Tier 2 Authorized Claimant, Gap shall issue two (2) Settlement Purchase Certificates for a total value of $12 for any purchase or off any purchase (no minimum purchase required).
Must submit your Claim Form online or by mail by January 6, 2020.
Do Not Submit False Claims
These settlements enable you to get something back if you were wronged by merchants, manufacturers or other entities. They sometimes reach out to you to let you know that you’re part of a settlement, but that’s not always the case. make sure to check dates and products carefully to see if you’re eligible. You can look here for more settlement rebates that you might qualify for.
Please do not submit fraudulent claims for these settlement rebates. It takes money away from those who deserve a reimbursement, and furthermore it is illegal. You’re usually required to acknowledge something along these lines:
I certify under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States that all of the information provided on this Claim Form is true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
- File claim here
- Rebate: $6 or $12 credit
- Proof of Purchase Required: No
- Settlement Pool: N/A
- Filing Deadline: January 6, 2020
- Read Settlement Details Here