A new promotion from Amtrak can make your travel around the Northeast much cheaper. Historic sites. World-class museums. Metropolitan hubs and lobster rolls. There’s plenty to see and do in cities across the northeast. And right now, with 40% off all travel between Norfolk and St. Albans, the entire eastern seaboard is your oyster. Tickets are as cheap as $19.
Skip the traffic in favor of the Acela, Northeast Regional, Vermonter or Empire Service routes. You can ride comfortably while you explore all the east coast has to offer. From Harvard Yard to the Norfolk shipyards, there’s a place for you to Get Carried Away.
Sample Northeast Fares (Valid in Both Directions)
- Valid for sale July 30, 2019 – August 1, 2019.
- Valid for travel August 11, 2019 – January 31, 2019.
- Valid for travel on the Acela and Northeast Regional train service including Empire Service, Vermonter and reserved sections of the Keystone and Pennsylvanian.
- Valid for Acela Business class and NER coach seats only; no upgrades allowed.
- Fares are one way (adult) and no additional discounts apply.
- One child (age 2-12) may accompany each adult at half the regular (full) adult rail fare.
- Space is limited, not available on all trains at all times.
- Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable.
- Exchanges are permitted within the ticket validity period.
- Once ticketed, a 25% cancellation fee may apply.
- Once travel has begun, no changes to the itinerary allowed.
- Routes and schedules are subject to change without notice
A great deal for those who use Amtrak. This deal is for Northeast only, but 40% discount is about as good as it gets. If you want to save on Amtrak fares, check out their card as well, which has a huge bonus right now.
Soon, traveling on Amtrak will be much better. They are working on new trains that go faster and offer more amenities.