Swagbucks might look a bit confusing when you first visit the site. But they are a legit cashback site that also offers other ways to make money. I have been using it for a while now and I’ve never had issues earning points as promised and cashing them out. Swagbucks usually has some of the highest cash back rates, limited-time offers where you can get up to 20% cash back, and even money making deals. You can also earn money for taking surveys and other activities such as playing games or watching videos. And obviously you earn cash for shopping online and in-store for some merchants. You can go to a merchant’s page to see all the offers and coupons, such as buybuy Baby for example. I’ll explain more about it all in this Swagbucks review.
At Swagbucks you earn Swagbucks (SB). These are points worth one cent each. So 100 Swagbucks are worth $1. They can be cashed out through PayPal or used for gift card purchases, sometimes with a value of even more than one cent. If you don’t have an account, you can sign up with my referral and get a bonus of $13.
First let’s look at how you can earn Swagbucks. Here’s some of the options that you have:
- Online Shopping – This works like a traditional cashback portal. Just click through Swagbucks to your favorite merchant and you’ll earn the posted rates.
- In-Store Shopping – The new feature was added in October, 2019.
- Sign Up for Services – They often have money making offers such as this one for Hulu, Postmates, wine subscriptions, and many more.
- this one for Home Depot – You can buy gift cards and earn SBs at MyGiftCardsPlus, especially when they have increased bonuses such as
- Take Surveys – This option could be time consuming, but could be worth it if you find yourself sitting at a computer doing nothing
- Watch Videos – You will make less that surveys
- Play Games – If you play through Swagbucks you can earn SBs for every dollar you spend on entry fees
- Hidden Codes – Look for hidden Swag Codes on their site and social media that get you a few points.
- SwagButton – This is an extension for Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. You can earn you 1 SB per day just for having it, but it also helps you earn you extra SBs in different ways.
You can also buy Swagbucks. It doesn’t always make sense, but when they have promotions such as this one, where you buy them at cost, or this one at a discount, it can be useful. You can make a profit, get credit card rewards and also generate extra spending to help you with credit card signup bonuses.
Now that you know how you can earn these points, what can you do with them? You can usually get roughly $1 on a gift card for every 100 SBs you redeem. So 2,500 SBs will get you a $25 Amazon gift card or $25 on PayPal. PayPal could be the best option for those who just want to cash out the points. You link your PayPal account to Swagbucks and the money goes directly to your PayPal. Just make sure to sign up with the same email on both. You can redeem two rewards each day.
Once every month you can also get gift cards at a discount. You can buy a $25 Amazon gift card for 2,200 SBs for example, or Home Depot at 10% off or $10 iTunes for 800 SBs and so on. They even have Virtual Visa gift cards. Discount options will vary every month, so make sure to take advantage of them. With these option you get a value of more than one cent each so that why I mentioned the option of buying Swagbucks before.
As I mentioned in the intro, I have been using Swagbucks for a couple of years now and I have never had problems. They always have some kind of deal so it’s a good idea to sign up for an account. Just make sure to use the same email for Swagbucks, PayPal and MyGiftCardsPlus.
While it has worked great for myself, I have read multiple times about issues with points not posting or accounts being shut down. Let me know in the comments how Swagbcuks has worked out for you so far. Or ask any questions you might have if you’re not familiar with the site. Hopefully this Swagbucks review will help you understand how it all works.