TD Bank is offering up to a $500 bonus when you open a new checking and savings account. You get $300 for the checking account, and another $200 for savings.
- $300 bonus offer when opening a TD Beyond Checking
- Bonus offer available to eligible new personal checking Customers when opening a TD Beyond Checking or any new TD personal checking account with cumulative direct deposit funds of $2,500 or more into the new account within 90 days of account opening.
- $200 bonus when opening a Preferred Savings account
- Enjoy $200 when you deposit $20,000 or more in new money within 20 days and maintain a balance of at least $20,000 for 90 days.
If either checking or savings account is closed by the Customer or TD Bank within 6 months after account opening, TD Bank does reserve the right to deduct the bonus amount from that account at closing.
One bonus per Customer and cannot be combined with any other offer.
Offer available only to the person addressed on the mailer. But there’s no unique code and there’s a public link.
TD Simple Checking should qualify for this bonus. It has a $15 monthly fee that is easily waived with a minimum daily balance of $100.
Savings account doesn’t have any fees.
This bonus is now better as Simple Checking should qualify for the checking offer. The $15 fee can be easily waived with a $100 balance. One issue is the direct deposit. If you can easily switch your direct deposit, that would be the best option. Otherwise, you can do a ACH transfer from another checking account such as Capital One, Chase or Discover. Then you have the savings bonus. You need to leave $20K in the account for 90 days in order to get $200, which is a 4% return. Not that great, but still a good rate.
Warning: There’s conflicting information on the TD page. TD Simple Checking could have a $5.99 fee that cannot be waived, instead of $15 waived with $100 balance. The Convienience Checking could also be an option $15 monthly fee waived with a minimum daily balance of $100. But again there’s conflicting information on the TD website. It could be a $150 bonus instead of $300. Might be best to double check with a service rep before applying.
There’s targeted language in the terms, but there’s no unique code included and there’s a public link.Still could be a good idea to check before you apply.
- Apply Here
- Account Type: Simple Checking plus Preferred Savings
- Availability: CT, DE, Washington D.C., FL, ME, MD, MA, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VT, VA
- Expiration Date:
- Inquiry Type: Soft pull
- Credit Card Funding: Yes, up to $300
- Direct Deposit Requirement: $2,500 total in 90 days
- Other Requirements: $20K balance for 90 days for Savings bonus
- Monthly Fee: $15 but can be waived
- Closing Account Fee: If either checking or savings account is closed within 6 months, TD Bank could deduct the bonus