Stop & Shop , Giant and Martin’s supermarkets have a promotion that can earn you 8X fuel points on purchases of any Happy Gift Cards. Happy Gift cards can be used at a variety of merchants listed on the card, such as Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond etc, and even work on gift card purchases. The deal will start on 7/26 and runs through 8/1/2019.
- Offer valid from 7/26 till 8/21/2019
- Must present your store card when purchasing the gift cards
Using Fuel Points
These gas rewards have been devalued lately, but here’s how it works now. Every 100 points are worth $0.10 off per gallon on your fill up of up to 20 gallons, or 30 gallons in some states. The more you can pump in one transaction, the better the deal gets.
If you buy more than one gift card, you’ll obviously get more points but you can only redeem up to 1500 points per transaction at some locations, which is $1.50 off per gallon. Some places you can use even more.
Points can be reedemed at Stop & Shop gas stations and at participating Shell locations which can be found here. In New Jersey, savings apply after fueling at the posted price and will appear on the receipt.
Don’t buy too many cards if you don’t drive much and try to fill up with an empty tank to maximize your profits.
Read more here on how to use your points.
Gas Rewards Details
- Total discount cannot exceed price per gallon
- The discount can only be used on one vehicle, limited to the tank’s capacity, not to exceed 20 gallons
- Earned points are available for redemption within 24 hours
- Gas Rewards points are valid for 30 days from the day they are earned; your date of purchase is Day 1
- Your available points will be redeemed in 100 point increments (worth 10 cents off per gallon)
This is an OK deal for people who drive. These Happy gift cards can be used at many merchants. Just makes sure you buy the right one. With 8X fuel points you should be able to get about $12-$16 in gas savings for every $100 purchases in gift cards, based on average gas tanks. Just keep in mind that new terms on these cards don’t let you purchase other gift cards. Not really enforced for now, but just a reminder. You can make this deal even better if you use a credit card that earns most points at supermarkets and grocery stores to get as much as 6% back.