Today, Chase and Southwest Airlines have announced the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Card, a new credit card for business owners with an enhanced day-of-travel experience and accelerated earning in key business spending categories. The Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Card has a new Cardmember offer. You get 80,000 points after qualifying spend. The Southwest Performance Business card currently has the highest-ever bonus for the Southwest portfolio.
Earn 80,000 Points after you use your new Southwest Performance Business Card to make purchases totaling $5,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Please allow up to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your Rapid Rewards account.
The bonus currently doesn’t have an expiration date.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Performance Business Card benefits include:
- 9,000 anniversary points after your Cardmember anniversary
- 3 points per $1 spent on Southwest Airlines flights and hotel/car rental partners
- 2 points per $1 spent on social media and search engine advertising
- 2 points per $1 spent on internet, cable and phone services
- Four upgraded boardings per year (when available),
- Each anniversary year you will be reimbursed for the purchase of up to 4 Upgraded Boardings which are positions A1-A15.
- Upgraded Boardings may be purchased at the departure gate or ticket counter on the day of travel only, when available.
- Inflight WiFi Credits
- up to $100 Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® Fee Credit
Performance Cardmembers will also enjoy the same benefits as Premier Business Cardmembers, including:
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Earn tier qualifying points that count towards A-List and A-List preferred status (1,500 TQP for each $10,000 spend up to 15,000)
- Points earned count towards Companion Pass
- Points don’t expire as long as account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
And Cardmembers are always able to take advantage of the existing benefits of flying Southwest:
- No blackout dates or seat restrictions when you redeem with points
- Bags fly free®
- No change fees
Applying for the CardLearn how to apply for Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Card
This new Cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current Cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous Cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new Cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months.
These card is subject to the Chase 5/24 rule.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Card has a $199 annual fee. It is not waived the first year and will be applied to your first billing statement.
This is a great card for those who fly Southwest often. 80,000 Rapid Rewards points get you pretty close to getting the companion pass. Once you complete the spending, you’ll have at least 85,000 Rapid Rewards points. The bonus doesn’t currently have an expiration date, but if you want the card and are eligible, its best to apply now. I doubt we will see something better than this in the future.
The card also provides ongoing benefits, including 9,000 anniversary points. That offsets somewhat the $199 annual fee.
Let me know what you think.